Dr Jamie Shea
Assistant Secretary General Emerging Security Challenges
- Having established the severity of the existing cyber threat, this closing panel will be an opportunity for military, government and civilian cyber experts to debate the scope for a collaborative cyber policy. Areas of focus will include:
- What role does defence play in sustaining the cyber resilience of the nation?
- Can cyber threat intelligence be shared more effectively between military, government and CNI?
- Differentiating between cyber security demands for the military and for the government writ large. Establishing applicable lessons that can support a collaborative management of the threat
- In the event of an attack, how can available manpower be pooled to support rapid response and threat containment?
- Moving beyond information as an enabler, and understanding how it could be exploited as a weapon of warfare
- How will the development of offensive cyber capabilities test the resilience of NATO’s members?
- Mitigating the risks of a distributed network and a multi-national mission. Streamlining NATO’s approach to defensive cyber